Gunston Winter League
Gunston Winter League
We are looking forward to our outdoor league this winter. The Gunston Winter League is open to all U9-U19 players in Gunston soccer and other players in the surrounding communities. All matches will be played on Saturdays from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM at Grist Mill or Mount Vernon High School.
Winter League Overview
- Games will be at Grist Mill or Mount Vernon HS
- Match Dates (Saturdays)
- January: 15, 22, 29
- February 5, 12, 19, 26
- Game times will be between 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Game length is 50 minutes, 2x25 minute halves
- No referees, games will be refereed by coaches or a parent/sibling volunteer
- No training sessions! Matches only
- The cost is $400.00 per team
- Individual registration $50.00
Team Registration Steps
- Find a team lead/coach
- Reserve your spot in the league - contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Gunston will confirm registration and reach out to the team lead for a roster submission
- Schedule to be announced no later than January 5.
Individual Registration Steps
- Individuals may register separately on the Gunston Soccer Club Registration web site
- Only register as an individual if you do not have a team to play on.
Divisions + Ages
We will schedule games in two groups:
Red = Travel and Suburban Friendship League (SFL) teams (and any Recreation teams upon request)
Black = Recreation teams only
Note: Depending on registration, games may involve mixed ages and/or gender, but our guiding principle will be to provide games that are competitively balanced and fun!
U9/U10, U11/U12, U13/U14, U15/U16, U17+
Frequently Asked Questions
How many players are on a team? How many play at one time?
U9 and U10 games will be 7v7, roster sizes should be between 10-12. U11 and older games will be 9v9, roster sizes should be between 12-14.
How does my team register?
If your team wants to play in the winter league one person will need to contact our Gunston Winter League coordinator Sean Zatt at firstname.lastname@example.org and Dave Sanford at email@example.com in order to reserve your spot and submit your roster and payment. Each individual player on that team will not need to register separately.
Will my team stay together?
Yes, if you register as a team your team will stay together.
Will I have the same coach as I did in the Fall?
Yes, if your fall team signed up together, you will have the same coach.
Can I register as an individual?
Yes, if you would like to register as an individual and are not already part of a team, we will place you on a team of similarly aged players.
Are there training sessions?
No. This is matches only and is meant to keep you active during the winter while sharpening your skills.
Will Gunston have other winter training opportunities besides this outdoor league?
Yes, Gunston Soccer has a few other winter training options. For more information about Gunston Soccer's outdoor training program on Wednesday nights or futsal clinic series on Sunday mornings, please visit our Soccer Clinics page.