Gunston Winter League
Gunston Winter League
We are looking forward to our outdoor league this winter. The Gunston Winter League is open to all U9-U19 players in Gunston soccer and other players in the surrounding communities. All matches will be played on Saturdays from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM at Grist Mill or Mount Vernon High School.
Winter League Overview
- Games will be at Grist Mill or Mount Vernon HS
- Match Dates (Saturdays)
- January 21, 28
- February 4, 11, 18, 25
- Rain Date Sunday, February 26
- Game times will be between 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Game length is 50 minutes, 2x25 minute halves
- Games will be refereed by volunteer field marshals, parents, or coaches (We need your help! Please register HERE)
- No training sessions! Matches only
- Individual registration is $50.00
- Team registration available upon request
Individual Registration Steps
- Individuals may register separately via TeamSnap
- There will be a place on the registration form where you will indicate play level (Travel, Recreation) and recent team. We will consider this information while creating Winter rosters.
- There will be a place on the registration form where you can indicate coach preference.
- Individual registration will close December 30.
- View Match Schedules HERE
Team Registration Steps
- Find a team lead/coach
- Reserve your spot in the league - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gunston will confirm registration and reach out to the team lead for a roster submission.
- Team registration will close on December 30.
- Schedules to be announced on January 4.
Tentative Divisions + Ages
Red = Travel and Suburban Friendship League (SFL) teams (and any Recreation teams upon request)
Black = Recreation teams only
COED = mixed ages and/or gender. Our guiding principle will be to provide games that are competitively balanced and FUN!
U9/U10, U11/U12, U13/U14, U15/U16, U17+
Frequently Asked Questions
How many players are on a team? How many play at one time?
U9 and U10 games will be 7v7, roster sizes should be between 10-12. U11 and older games will be 9v9, roster sizes should be between 12-14.
How does my team register?
If your team would like to play in the winter league, a coach or manager should reach out to Chris Hudler at email@example.com for details.
Will my team stay together?
We will work to keep teams together as much as possible, dependent on final registration numbers.
Will I have the same coach as I did in the Fall?
There will be a space on the registration form to fill in your coach preference. We will do our best to accommodate requests.
Can I register as an individual?
Yes, if you would like to register as an individual and are not already part of a team, we will place you on a team of similarly aged players.
Are there training sessions?
No. Winter League is match play only and is meant to give players game experience during the off season, work with new players and coaches, and have FUN!
Will Gunston have other winter training opportunities besides this outdoor league?
YES! Gunston Soccer Club offers several different opportunities throughout the Winter Season. (ADD LINKS)